jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Eating out for American Thanksgiving

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

It's becoming more commonplace for Americans to eat out in a restaurant for their Thanksgiving feats. Gone are the days of schlepping to grandmas for the big eating marathons or fighting over the drumstick!
    i miss the old days of waiting for the dinner,playing games,watching the football games,visiting with family.
    Modern days have changed holiday traditions..
    in rural Kentucky many families deep fry the bird. Some buffets are open but not many, and the state parks have a nice dinner but it's a little pricey

How will you spend Thanksgiving this Thursday,November 25th?
    tell us the location and plans...big_smile

2. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 5 years ago

I have to work in the morning - many of the young kids I work with are very upset that they will miss some of their family traditions - I am going to make a Turkey Dinner and bring it to work for them so maybe it will make-up for the crazy day we will have at work.

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

We do it on Friday. Easier on everyone and lets a couple of those coming go to their spouses family on Thursday.

We did eat out one year.. A bit expensive, and no leftovers for turkey sandwiches!

4. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 5 years ago

We will be spending Thanksgiving Day at home with family and enjoying Dinner prepared by my wife who has been cooking and baking now for Two days already. My wife who is Grandmom to 12 loves to cook and we all appreciate that.