jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Black Friday

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

everyone has heard of black Friday...does anyone actually camp out to be first for the Friday special?
    i have never done this...  I prefer the computer..

Who likes to shop the bargains on Friday?

1. nell79 profile image86
      nell79posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I definitely prefer the computer. I've never camped out, but I have gone early in the morning. I shy away from it now because it seems some people go and try to pick a fight.

There was a man ready to get into a fist fight with my husband because we walked past what he was looking at, and therefore momentarily obstructed his view. But if we hadn't done so, we'd have blocked the aisle while waiting for him to decide if he was going to get it or not. It wasn't fun, and there was no calming the man down.

So, I sit in my computer chair, jumping from site to site, looking for the best deals, and I don't have to worry about anyone ramming my heels with their carts, or have to be the scapegoat for someone who's having a bad day.

Works for me! LOL

2. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 5 years ago

I also prefer shopping on the internet. I used to shop on black Friday but now it has become too crowded and I don't like waiting in line.

3. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

I once dated a chick that was all into that.  I remember once, she got me up at four in the morning to head out to Best Buy.  By the time the store opened, I had already witnessed Eskimo's chasing penguins around the parking lot. I almost looked like Santa Claus with all the frost on my face. You can imagine..

So, she crashes through the door waving the advertisement like it was some sort of battle pennant and nearly snowplows the poor dude that worked there.  Bewildered and confused, the faithful Best Buy employee tries his best to help her out.  There was a flat screen TV advertised in the paper that she just had to have.

At this time, all I can do is to stand inside the door and wait for the frost to thaw.

Well, by this time, the dude is rushing around the store looking for this monster TV.  She's screaming frantically, trying to find someone who works there that knows what's going on. 

Finally, the dude comes back with his manager, ad tucked under his arm.  Apparently, they didn't have the TV that was advertised, and, in fact, had never had the TV.  The manager opened up the ad and pointed with his pudgy finger towards the bottom of the page.  There it was in all of its fine print glory, "Not available at all stores."

I found out later that her mother had sent her the ad in the mail - from a different state. Sure, all the ads should be the same, but, well, experience shows that they're not.  You can only imagine the hell that I went through after we left...

Ultimately, I spent that Christmas alone, and I had no regrets.

Yes, internet is definitely the way to go.

4. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 5 years ago

I camped out once.. only for an hour, so I'm not sure if that qualifies. But it was super early in the morning, like 4am or something. However, by the time I got in, the item I sought was sold out. I will never attempt it again.

5. Dena Bez profile image61
    Dena Bezposted 5 years ago

I do!!! 5 am I will be waiting.