jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

new to HubPages

1. 0
    ecomama2bposted 5 years ago

I'm very new to HubPages, and excited to join. I was using Triond prior to this...and did NOT like it. So, I deleted my published material from Triond and published them here instead. Now one of my articles is saying "duplicate" under it in red. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can remedy this? also, will it show "duplicate" if these articles are also on my blog? I don't want it to affect my Hubscore.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the site! You might want to read this:

The triond content may take awhile to be recrawled by google, after which time the tag should be removed.

It's not a good idea to ever publish the same thing on two sites. Why? Because google will always rank one higher, meaning the other one won't get half as many hits as it could and also is kind of pointless. If you do want to post the same article again, rewrite it with a different edge to it - this can open up a whole new range of keywords and you can get that article out from the shadow of the better ranking one.

2. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, ecomama2b!  If any of your work has been published elsewhere on the web, it will be considered duplicate content.  While I'm not an expert on this, I would suggest you rewrite your stuff, making it original for HP.
      All the best!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I am in agreement with WryLilt about the material that is no longer published elsewhere: Given enough time, maybe a week or a bit longer, the duplicate warning should go away. If it does not, contact staff and ask them to manually review the hub.

3. 0
    ecomama2bposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply's and welcomes!
    What about my blog content? will that be considered duplicate content as well? this is what I just read:
    "You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you cannot place any promotional links on that Hub. " Will it negatively affect my rating to have this on my blog?
    thanks so much in advance!

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it will probably be considered duplicate content if it is published on your blog or elsewhere as well as HubPages. There will be those penalties. You are advised to rewrite it for HubPages, as WryLilt and Lorlie suggested above. An alternative solution is to remove the contents from the blog.

1. 0
        ecomama2bposted 5 years ago in reply to this

okay, thanks so much smile
        I will edit and rewrite my content.

1. 0

You are welcome. Sounds like a good decision.

1. 0
            ecomama2bposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just as a clarification...
            once I have re-written the material, and the Triond material dissolves, the "duplicate" warning will disappear?

1. 0

The duplicate warning ought to disappear under those circumstances. If it does not, that would probably be because of a cached version sitting somewhere on the Internet; this is unlikely, but if it does happen you can contact HubPages and ask them to manually review it and remove the flag.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image91
              Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It should..  I've done the same thing before, and had the same issue.

Try this tool: Article Checker.

Plug in the first paragraph and hit enter.  If nothing comes back, you should be good to go.  The tool is pretty much self-explanatory.

Also, just try copying a couple of your articles sentences into Google and see if they show up anywhere else.

Good luck with it!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Sometimes it take awhile for the article to be removed in the net Site (original site) if you moved it to another site, contact the staff

Welcome to HP!

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

It seems everyone has clearly helped answer this question for you - Just wanted to say welcome to HP!!!