jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Is this where we say hello?

1. ReginaSunderland profile image61
    ReginaSunderlandposted 9 years ago

If it is, allow me to give a wave and a shout from Las Vegas. Anybody else from around here?
    Any advice on how to get the hubs out successfully?

Have a nice day everyone and let us all have a successfull August!

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Original content will go a long way towards getting indexed by Search Engines.

Quality content will go a long way towards keeping your readers attention. Also the flow of information. Well written information. Add a few images to break up the big slabs of text.

There are other ways to get the word out there... social bookmarking sites, adding your URL's into sigs. Mentioning your hub in a forum thread in response to someone elses question, provided it's on point and it doesn't happen very often is another way you can get the word out.

Once you reach a measure of success and exposure you will find that people at discussions forums might mention your hub as an authority site. I haven't had this happen yet with my Hubs (to my knowledge) but I did notice in my stats at Squidoo that I was getting a lot of traffic from a forum I had never been to, and someone who I didn't know had linked to me. Which is quite a thrill.

There are many ways to promote a site or a page, offline as well as online, but concentrating on writing something that is original, unique and quality is an excellent start.

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  How's Vegas?

4. Miss Donna profile image85
    Miss Donnaposted 9 years ago

Welcome!  I love Vegas.

5. barryrutherford profile image38
    barryrutherfordposted 9 years ago

Hi guys  and gals,
    Im new around here too..please drop by for a cuppa & read my hubs..

6. LasVegasFreeAds profile image60
    LasVegasFreeAdsposted 8 years ago

Howdy, I am from the Las Vegas area - I live in the Summerlin Area smile You?

7. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Darkside's on the money.  A few of your Hubs have several sub-headings.   Make a separate text capsule for each section, then you can add pictures between them, or an Amazon capsule - or you may find Adsense ads popping up there.  Also it's worth playing around to create interesting features such as a "did you know" type text box, or a capsule of interesting links.  Big chunks of unadorned text don't hold people's interest.

Darkside has done a good Hub on Capsules, it would be worth your while to read it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this
  8. 60
    Yellowburgandyposted 8 years ago

I am from here and looking for work, any suggestions?

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Go to the Clark County Department of Labor Job-search and Placement Services and keep after them until they get you a job. You may qualify for training funds. See the link is below. When I was laid off form a job after 10 years, I went to my county office and did not leave without answers and help. I think that is the place to make yourself visible and persistently vocal.

http://detr.state.nv.us/ESD%20Pages/job … ervice.htm

Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation
    2800 E. St. Louis Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89104
    500 East Third Street  -  Carson City, NV 89713
    General Info: (775) 684-3849  -  FAX: (775) 684-3850  -  TTY: (775) 687-5353

Go to the Human Services Office to help with rent, and food and even transportation out of the county if youhave to move to find work. They advertise plane fare, bus fare, and gaaoline help.The anount of help they can give depends on how much is left in their yearly allowance from the state and federal govt.

1600 Pinto Lane (main office, they list 3 others)
    Las Vegas, NV 89106
    (702) 455-4270
    Fax (702) 455-5950

10. 60
    Yellowburgandyposted 8 years ago

Thankyou so much!  I don't know much about these kinds of places because I have always worked my whole life.  I will most definately check it out, wow, it feels like something just got lifted off of my shoulders, there's new hope.  Thanks again!