jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Need Social bookmarking / backlinking advice from a PROVEN Hubber

1. RealityBomb profile image79
    RealityBombposted 5 years ago

Hi, I'm fairly new to Hubpages and from the hubs I've read I can clearly see the importance of a strong backlink strategy if a hubber is serious about achieving something special, be it earnings, reputation, or exposure.

I'll be honest, I feel a little overwhelmed by it all and I'd much prefer to have a step by step PROVEN strategy that I can follow each day for maybe an hour or so to help drive a steady flow of traffic. With this in mind, can any hubber help me out and tell me what they do? Ideally you'd be a hubber who has proved themselves just so I know I won't be wasting my time. I say this because I've noticed everyone has a theory in regards to getting links but not everyone can deliver.

Finally, you'll notice I mentioned 'social bookmarking' in this topic's subject. This is because I'm hoping someone can explain to me how best to use these sites because I know most don't like people linking to themselves.

Sorry its such a long post BTW.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

You may want to read my hubs on the topic smile

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago
    1. RealityBomb profile image79
      RealityBombposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, not very helpful.
      That forum had the opinion that backlinking is bad which I strongly believe is wrong. I'm really just after a proven strategy thats all but if I can't get one I'll have to think about creating one myself which can take a lot of work. Work which I'd rather not have to do. ;-)

Thanks, I'll check them out.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Also check out fellow hubber ryankett. I think he has done more backlinking than almost anybody else, apparently with success.

2. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would not bother too much with social bookmarking.  Article writing on high quality article sites with do follow backlinks is in my opinion the best way to backlink and create external traffic sources.

1. David 470 profile image87
          David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

In my experience here on hubpages, I find backlinks help, but are less needed on low competition keywords.

However, low competition often has bad pay per click. This is a slight problem I have, but its not that bad.

I have yet to figure out how to get traffic for very high comp. words

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Do you know how to do keyword research? If no one is searching your hub topics, any backlinks you aim at those hubs are worthless - same applies if you are in a high competition subject where the top sites have thousands of backlinks pointing at them.

5. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Xomba is nofollow but if you're not bookmarking on xomba then you're missing some traffic and lots of adsense impressions. (Only difference between xomba and other bookmarking sites is that - you're supposed to bookmark your own content at xomba).

Don't worry about Nofollow tag because you're getting adsense impressions and trickle of traffic from these sites.