jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Cross Posting

1. Jonagelo profile image60
    Jonageloposted 5 years ago

I'm not clear on this. What if I have a wbsite -is there a problem with using my own articles here? And what if someone used an article I wrote. Is that article still mine to post wherever like here?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You own the articles you write on your own website, and you can publish them here if you want. But if you link to them, you'll get dinged with being overly commercial.

Copying your stuff will also get you dinged with "duplicate content" which can make your hubscore low, which makes your overall hubscore (the one by your avatar) low, which can make links in your hubs "do not follow."

Bottom line, write something original and have that point to your website (but don't link more than 2X per hub or you'll get dinged for being overly commercial too).

Basically, you're supposed to write real articles on here that are actually supposed to be useful to people, not just jam your own stuff up hoping to promote yourself and farm everyone for clicks, cash or sales (even though that's what most people want anyway).  You at least have to put some effort into being original or the system works against you.

Check out TOS on duplicate content: http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is a problem. Duplicate content will most likely be flagged and penalized by HubPages. If an article exists elsewhere on the Internet, it is no good publishing it here, regardless of whether you have the legal right to do so or not.

1. Jonagelo profile image60
      Jonageloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you cannot place any promotional links on that Hub."

Thanks for link. I pasted  the answer. If there is more exposure here then my hard work need not go to waste and may be of mutual benefit which is what life is about, right?