jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Please give me feedback!

1. The Baking Guru profile image60
    The Baking Guruposted 6 years ago

Hi, I am new to hubpages and have only been a member for about a month.  I've noticed that my hubscore as been fluctuating a lot lately as well as my individual hubpage scores.  Is this normal?  Do I need to worry about the fluctuation?  Also, does any one have any ideas on how to improve my hubs?   

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

The Baking Guru

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Firstly - ignore hubscore unless it falls below 40 (almost impossible to do) and ignore your authorscore unless it doesn't keep rising, slowly. After you have about 20 or so hubs it should hit the 90s and just hang out around that point for....ever. Anything over 75 means all your backlinks are dofollowed, if you're promoting anything.

Scores have absolutely NO impact on traffic/earnings. In fact they're often more of an indication of them. For instance the more traffic I get on a hub, the higher the score goes.

Secondly, you can post a link to a hub to review in this forum!

The Baking Guruposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, thank you for the advice.  I feel better now!  Since I am new, will my scores get better the longer my hubs are published?

I just posted this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Ways-to-Prepare-Mussels

What does everyone think?

Sincerely,
        The Baking Guru

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looks good. All I could recommend is aligning the photo to the right and placing it beside the first recipe. Also, to break up the mass of text, you may want to place some right aligned colored boxes beside each recipe with either handy hints or tips for mussels.

And yes, the scores will continue to rise (and depending on things like comments and traffic, fall) the longer your hubs are published. I have one hub that regularly goes between 82 and 98.

Hi,  Thank you for the advice!  I think I will play around with the location of text and photos in all of my hubs.  Also, thank you for the tip about the colored boxes...that's a really good idea!

2. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

You've written a really nice hub.  It reads well and it looks good.  I agree with all the points WryLilt has made.

It took me a long time to learn this but if you put enough text in your first capsule then the adsense advertisement will appear to the right of your article.  Therefore, its preferable if your first photo appears below the text and advertisement spaces.

Thank you!  You're advice makes a lot of sense.  A few of my hubs have a small amount of text in the first capsule and I've been wondering why the ads
      appear in different places.

working