Worst abuse ever

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. warchild75 profile image66
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

I have a number of good hubs that recieve maybe 10-15 comments a day and all of them are fine apart from one that has sent a couple of nasty messages telling me that he hopes that members of my family die etc,now whilst this doesnt upset me and my replies have been quite patronising,i wonder if it is worth purusing this further as surely he will continue even if i stop replying!!Any ideas,i have his ip address and wonder if anything can be done!

1. J Sunhawk profile image69
      J Sunhawkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Find out what county he lives in and call the sheriff. Sending a deputy over to tell him to stop will usually cause your antagonist to crawl under the bed and go away. Be sure to save all the messages he sends should the situation escalate. If it does, send the county prosecutor copies of every message and ask for a criminal prosecution.

Good luck.

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

It could be actionable - depends on how bad it is and if you can get someone to take it seriously.

That can vary though. I once had someone tell me that if I continued to complain about him dumping trash in my business dumpster he would go get his gun and shoot me in the kegs.

I called the cops, they told me to call them if he actually showed up with a gun.

I could see their point to some extent, but he was illegally dumping in my dumpster.. It wasn't like we just wre squabbling over radio noise or something.  But they declined.. So he kept dumping and costing me an extra pickup every month.

But anyway - if you think it is a real threat, at least report him to his ISP (you have his ip).  They may calm him down.

3. warchild75 profile image66

Have commented back informing him of where his ISP is based and that will contact them if nessecary,he then replie without any graphic language and apologised all beit in a sarcastic manner,i just denied the comment and havent replied!!

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In your case, warchild75, the best is just ignore. The pest get tired and will fly away. For Pcunix - get a dog and tie it close to the dumpster!
      Might work!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4162611_f248.jpg

I said might, didn't I?

4. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

...after watching BJ Penn finish matt Hughes so quickly, I want to see BJ and the "Spider" do it! That could be a helluva a fight.
    Qwark

warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree although why you would post that in this discussion i have no idea

@homegirl,thats exactly what im doing!!

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Warchild:
        I posted it here, because you are taking dumb posts too seriously and I wanted to change the subject...:-)
        I take nothing anyone says in the forum seriously.
        To me? The forum is cathartic and entertaining.
        The participants range in intellect from very bright to borderline lunacy.
        .......and I love MMA! Never miss a fight!  :-)
        Qwark

warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I figured as much,hey look i can take a bit of banter and even the latest abuse didnt really bother me but wishing ur family and kids dead with a certain disease plus extra special language was a bit strong,it wasnt even in the forums it was a comment on one of my hubs which is a xbox game tips hub of all things.lol,i never miss a fight either!!

1. qwark profile image61
            qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Warchild:
            It would probably piss me off too!
            But ya know when ya write and everyone has access to your thoughts, yer gonna have crazy assh*les that are gonna respond.
            99% of them are just "lip."
            Personally, I don't play the hand held games, but I do love the fights. The bloodier the better. I'll probably get a nut to threaten me because I said that.
            Good luck to ya man.
            Don't let the assh*les wear ya down!
            Qwark    :-)

2. profile image0
            Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why borderline?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4162870_f248.jpg

5. warchild75 profile image66

No they dont,told him i had his IP address and his internet providers name which i did and he didnt really reply back,havent heard from him since!!Hope Sonnen gets off with a warning and they organise Silva vs Sonnen 2!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)