jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

capsule comfiguration

1. thatcatschaaf profile image75
    thatcatschaafposted 5 years ago

Hi of course i am new to hub pages and have read a lot so i wouldn't have to bother others with questions, but I can't seem to find what i want. I like the default hub I get with being able to put a photo to the right and text to the left that fills down, but when i pick new capsules I get separate ones for photo and text, I thought i could combine them so i put a picture in the picture capsule and an article in the text capsule then previewed it and what i got was the text from my second capsule was combined with the text from my first capsule which was the default when I started my hub, also the title to this capsule wasn't there and neither was the picture from the picture capsule. I spent about a half an hour playing with it trying to figure out what was going on and if i needed to do something different but couldn't find anything that i was doing wrong, what do i need to do. I really like the capsule that we get to use as the default, thanks Mark

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

To get one or more images to wrap around the text, with the images on the right, you have to place the photo capsule just above the text capsule in question. Then you will click on the right-oriented arrow on the photo capsule, at which point the image(s) will realign itself/themselves on the right.

If you create several text capsules and use several image capsules, you can use the "reorder" feature to move the capsules around, so that there is an image capsule above each text capsule. To do this, use the tabs available on the upper right portion of your screen while in editing mode.

3. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 5 years ago

In addition to WE's excellent tutorial, I would add that it is helpful to preview the result each time until you are familiar with placement.   This gives you a look at what the finished product looks like.  When in doubt, I use this feature to see if the change I made makes sense.   When you get the hang of it, it works great.    In the edit mode, just click on the preview button at the top.

4. Word Wise profile image60
    Word Wiseposted 5 years ago

Thanks so much to both of you; your instructions were just what I wanted.  I, too, am a newbie, and, while HubPages has the well-organized Learning Center plus many more resources, I'm finding it all a lot to absorb, especially for me, the techno challenged.  I am grateful that you veterans will take the time to post.