jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Improve your Hub by coloring

1. Andy Shaw profile image60
    Andy Shawposted 9 years ago

Hey Mmargie1966! There are two things you can do:
    1. Go to the Your Team section of the Apprenticeship interface and click through to each person's profile to see if you're following that person.
    2. Go to My Account > Following > Hubbers you follow to see all the Hubbers you follow and cross check that group across the HubScribers team member.

I'm sorry there's not a simpler option at this point- I'll see if we can fix that big_smile

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

We can't change the colour of the text in our hubs.

HTML is with < and > and BB Code is with [ and ]

"ff00000" has one too many alpha/numeric units in it.

2. 60
      tejasgringoposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Andy, since you're telling us how to make colored text, bold, italic etc, why is there no colored text, bold, italic etc in your hubs?

2. Wino profile image80
    Winoposted 9 years ago

I've posted this question before but have never found an answer. If html isn't allowed in the text or picture hub, how are so many people doing it? Why are some suggesting tips (like in this thread) on colored text, bold etc. if html can't be used? And how are hubbers making hubs that are chock full of html, with multi-columns, images in the text hub etc? This hub is a perfect example of what I'm talking about  http://hubpages.com/hub/Gulf_States_Working

Are all you hubbers using some kind of hack? Is it a taboo topic? Just wondering!

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 9 years ago in reply to this

the red lines in the hub you have linked are image capsules the lines are from a saved image. picture in text can be achieved by moving text and image capsules around using the directional arrows. try making a practice hub, move your text and images about and click on preview.....jimmy

3. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

Jimmy & Wino -

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I chose one of my hubs (Problem Solving) to use as a test-bed for learning the interface, and came up with the idea of recognisable 'channel branding' of my hubs by inserting a full-width low-height photo-capsule between my sections - the red line with 3 dashes. It's a gimmick and maybe I'll get tired of it, but right now, I quite like it. It adds no 'weight' to the page, because the image is only 3 px high and the whole is only 148 Bytes.

It has another nice side effect - if the first image in a hub is the thin red line, then my hub icon appears as a bright red square (with the score in the bottom right). That's another piece of free branding - the Paraglider hubs are the bright red ones!

So there we are - no html, just playing with the tools Paul and the guys are giving us.

4. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

You are brilliant Paraglider smile

5. 60
    tejasgringoposted 9 years ago

Look at the text in my photo captions. You can hardly read it. I don't know why this powder blue text on a white background is all the rage in sites these days.

6. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

SunSeven - thank you smile

And Tejasgringo - fantastic pictures! (I don't think there is a way to colour text either)