jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

I know holidays are usually bad adense but

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Yesterday, I had a record earning day. Today, I got a lot of traffic(or meaning the same), but the CTR was horrible.

Again, I understand that its holiday. I am just curious why CTR would be low even though traffic is same.

Oh and happy thanksgiving smile

1. thisisoli profile image57
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Holidays are a great time for adsense, more advertisers, more bids, = higher EPC, plus more shoppers= more clicks.

2. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Let me rephrase that forum post" The actual day of the holidays can be bad potentially. Not days before, my bad

3. David 470 profile image87

Well, I had good CTR day and made almost 6 dollars, today its only at 16 cents again. This is messed up lol

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

hello, happy thanksgiving

i have no idea about your query

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

This was by far my most profitable day. Adsense did better than normal and Amazon did way better than normal.

Adsense is at $3 right now, and amazon is at $10, but I have more money coming for Amazon. I've been averaging $1 a day off of adsense.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow Mikey you are doing well for a newbie! Then again you have written an incredible amount of hubs in a very short period of time. Well done!

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
          Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks!

2. David 470 profile image87

I made over $ 5.00 yesterday, today was just bad, well so far, not much time left.

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Today is $15 Adsense so far. However, I sold a few books too, so the total for the day will be good.

You never know what will happen on a holiday. Sometimes they can be just like any other day, sometines they are really low. For me, they are usually like a weekend day - a little low, but not very low.

Always look at the month or the quarter. That is what matters.

1. David 470 profile image87

Can holiday influence CTR? I know this may seem like a dumb question, but perhaps people on the net are less likely to click on ads.

1. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suspect you are just seeing a different demographic.

I usually get business visitors, but on weekends or holidays it switches to people more interested in other things - and they are not big buyers,

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I've done great on Adsense this week, over $65. I usually earn about $20 a week.

1. KristenGrace profile image61
        KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WOW!  I can't wait til I can actually relate to those numbers smile I'm getting closer...

1. Tim_511 profile image78
          Tim_511posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too!  I've been getting some traffic, but my CTR is horrible.  I don't want to say anything that I shouldn't, but if the CTR average is 1-3%, lets just say I'm not doing too well comparatively.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
            Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Boss, you're doing better than I am... neutral

4. kmackey32 profile image79
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago

My adsense has been quite higher...

working