jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Who's doing Black Friday???

1. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Not me, that's for sure. For generations, my family's Black Friday tradition has been to start the Christmas cookie baking/freezing.

Are any of you planning on fighting the crowds tomorrow???

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I live in Australia so no problem here!

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did it once, not my idea of fun! I usually don't even go out at all unless it's to a park or the beach.
      it does look like there are good deals online. sunforged has some great hubs about online deals. http://hubpages.com/profile/sunforged

2. lrohner profile image84

Well, WryLilt, then you're just gonna have to take a trip over here to experience Black Friday madness. smile

It's bizarre....truly bizarre...but definitely an experience! smile

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL I just posted on a facebook a countdown to black friday - I'll be one of those crazy people out there!

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm beginning to learn that Black Friday is similar to the old Boxing day sales in the UK - when people camped out all night for a bargain. Madness!
      Oh and Boxing Day is the 26th of December, the day after Christmas which would be the first trading day of the new season. Doesn't happen anymore with all day opening, 7 days a week, including Holidays.

3. lrohner profile image84

@KristenGrace - Good Lord, you are a brave woman! smile

@IzzyM - That sounds like the Blue Laws we used to have here that forbade most places to be open on Sundays. Black Friday is really the BIG start to the Christmas shopping season. But trust me -- it's madness. Sheer madness.

4. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

I'm never too keen on shopping, but my brother insists we have to go to base and get the MS Office upgrade.  Also they have children's board games for $3, that I can use for therapy.

5. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

No shopping for me. Instead I'm treating some friends to the ICE! at Gaylord Palms show tomorrow.

It's an ice sculpture show with 2 million pounds of ice blocks lit up as well as colored, inside a cooled down giant tent structure. smile

6. lakeerieartists profile image80
    lakeerieartistsposted 5 years ago

I will be selling, not buying tomorrow and Saturday.  smile