jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

What is the purpose of having two hubpages account?

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Some hubbers mentioned that they have two separate account.

My question is

1. What is the uses of having 2 accounts?

2. Can we allowed to use same adsense account in both the accounts? ( If yes, how to set the second one)

3. How to track both the accounts in single google analytics?

Thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. It gives privacy and anonymity as well as allowing you to have one account for each area you cover. Once you get over 100 hubs, the account page can look at bit long, too.

2. You have to. Only one Adsense account per household. And you set it up in the same way you did the first one.

3. Use the same number.

1. caderade2 profile image60
        caderade2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering about having two hub accounts and if you could use adsense on both.  Thanks for clarifying.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

I was unsure about multiple accounts because most places (I thought) frowned on them - sock puppets and so on.  But I can see a benefit in splitting my few sales attempts away from my nonsense hubs.  Rubbishing, and then plugging plush toys, under the same ID is probably not the greatest of ideas.

Sorry, can I ask the obvious.

So all you do is sign out, and then go through the new account process again?

Yes, that's correct. And then just link in your current affiliate accounts on the affiliate page. You can set up Amazon to see which account sales are coming from, too.

Here is what hubpages has to say:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#multipleaccounts

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks WryLilt, something to think about.

2. 0
      Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

just make sure you don't use both profiles in the same thread (some people do this in an attempt to have their views supported). Is grounds for permanent ban

I did that accidentally twice last week and reported myself. Kinda forget sometimes when I'm on my other accounts. It's hard with six!

1. 0
          Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

6?  Am I following you more than once?

I try and keep my other accounts out of the forums & site interaction so likely not. smile

1. 0
              TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, This is the best idea to keep out of forums. So no risk of accidentally posting from other account.

3. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Actually, if you just go to the sign up page while signed in, a message explains that you might want to create a new account.

I don't do this because I am too easily confused.

I don't really think you need to worry about mixing things. People who find your product hubs through search will seldom bother to look at another page unless you specifically send them there.  Remember, they were searching and they found something - your profile page is usually of little interest and if it is, finding those other hubs is unlikely to affect any buying behavior they may or may not be planning.

3. CYBERSUPE profile image62
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

I have trouble keeping one account going I would be a mess trying to keep 2 or more accounts going.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The one and only CYBERSUPE.

1. CYBERSUPE profile image62
        CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help Website Examiner and for your above comment. I am indeed honored by it.

2. adrienne2 profile image81
      adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

@Cybersupe I second that I could not even imagine keeping up with more than one account.

working