jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

At or near the height of stupidity

1. 60
    amkiposted 8 years ago

I can't even fill in the second field of the start a hub page!  I've read all of the FAQ's and Help stuff, and I've looked for a dumber question than mine to make me feel better.  No luck, so the subject of this post must be correct.

I don't know what to put in the second field, "Give your hub a web address."  Must I have a website/blog/landing page or something similar?

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You don't really have to put anything there. It will be filled in automatically as you type your 'title'. You can make modifications on it if that URL is already taken. Welcome to HubPages. smile

Best Regards

1. 60
        amkiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Kind Lady.  smile  I'm not a 'do nothing' kind of person, i.e., if there is a field there, I believe it is for a reason and don't ignore it.   Guess I'd better adjust my compulsions.

Gratefully,   amki

2. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I had the same problem for awhile.  The second field should self-populate as you're typing in the title of your hub.  If it doesn't, then the Hub Editor software is not recognizing your particluar browser and you won't be able to go any further until you start anew in Internet Explorer or Firefox.

But first, try holding down CONTROL or SHIFT while clicking "REFRESH".  This seems to kickstart HP's software into accepting whatever non-IE browser you're using.

If after doing this, the second field still doesn't fill itself in, then you'll have to do it in IE or FF. 

Hope this helps.

3. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You are just taking it too hard. Take it simple. This is as simple as playing Baseball. Just Start a New Hub - Give a Title - The Web Address will get filled Automatically - You can Modify the Web Address if your want. - Add some Keywords - Move Forward - Add Text + Pictures + Videos (From youtube) + RSS etc - Publish - You are Done. Now you should Promote it on social Bookmarking sites using the "Share it" Button... Good Luck.

2. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

whatever title you give to your hub that is automatically taken as hub address. However you can make it short and remove the dash in between the words.

1. 60
      amkiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that - and for the tip about shortening it.  I'm a great believer in saving space. smile

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

Some time when you change your title a couple of dashes stay behind, make sure you erase those if they're left at the end of your Url your hubs won't open properly. (I learned that the hard way)
    Welcome to Hubpages. You're gone love it here regards Zsuzsy

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

You will love it here and that really isn't a problem. You can fill anything that isn't currently taken there or you can let the field be automaticly filled in. A lot of hubbers don't use the autoset and keep it and put there own url ending in there that retains to there hub. Example:

You make a Hub titled: "12 Ways to Make Money! Exclusively edited with real reports by people who have done it!"

They don't want the Url to be: www.hubpages.com/hub/12-ways-to-make-mo … e-done-it%
    (not a working Url)
    You would want the Url to be something like:
    (not a working Url)
    Or something like that.

Hope this helps,