jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Art products and one's own website

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image88
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

I'm trying to be sure I'm not breaking any rules.  I've put a copy/paste link to one of my art sales sites.  If I create a website of my own -- not a blog, but to display the art (and I have no idea yet where to do this) and have PayPal within it -- am I allowed to 1) put a link to it on my profile page....and
    2) write a hub about the subject in general and put a link within the hub to my art products website?

Thanks for your help.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, definitely!  In fact, it would be worth writing several Hubs, interlinking them and then adding a link in each one to your art products site.  That's what I do with my dance sites and it really helps get them noticed.

Good luck with it!

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  That's amazing that we can do this.

2. daybreak profile image68
      daybreakposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pam

Creating a website can be intimidating at first but can also be rewarding. I always encourage people to jump in and make mistakes rather than wait.

You could use one of the simple tools such as intuit or perhaps choose a domain and host and then install a package such as wordpress.

I have found that choosing a host that has cpanel administration makes things so much easier. From cpanel, you or a friend can use fantastico to install and maintain wordpress or another software package.

The beauty of wordpress is that it can be used to create a beautiful website and the blogging feature can be utilized later if needed.

To see examples of how wordpress can be used to display photos and perform other tasks besides blogging, you can survey the first 2 links in my profile.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Re. 1) Yes.
    Re. 2) Yes.

For your general information:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  I will read it.

working