jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why does this hub score remain so low?

1. 0
    crystal_boothposted 9 years ago

This is a question mainly for hub pages admin team, but if anyone else can give me an answer, I would appreciate it.

I've had this hub published for a few weeks now and it's hub score stays around 56-57. It has never been above 60.

http://hubpages.com/hub/hollie-mann-hon … hes-review

Why? It is original content written by me and it does get traffic from google, albeit a small amount. Why does it not climb in hub score?

~ Crystal

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

It's up to 64 now.

We recently added alerts in the author tool bar on the hub page if your HubScore is being penalized for: 1) duplicate content, 2) substandard content, 3) spammy content.  If you don't see a red warning, then you're hub is being treated normally by the algorithm.  If you do see one and you feel it is unwarranted, you can request that your hub be manually reviewed (just click the learn more link).

There is very little that differentiates hubs in the HubScore range from about 35-70, so small traffic spikes or drops, thumb ratings, flags, and other events can cause significant swings.

Traffic is the one thing that can move a HubScore up quickly, particularly when it comes from sources outside of HubPages.  As a point of reference, an average hub in the 80-90 range is doing around 40 page views a week, while the average hub in the 90-100 range is doing around 400.

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

What wonderful feedback to give us.  I like this new feature.  I just hope I don't see it myself!

4. Veronica profile image90
    Veronicaposted 9 years ago

Stacie thanks for bringing this up, and Paul wow thanks for the detailed answer.
    I have a better grip now. big_smile