jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Suggestion for Amazon capsules

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Why not give hubbers the option to show the star rating of an item as well as the title in the capsule?  I'm thinking that 4- and 5-star ratings will encourage readers to click and buy, thereby garnering more income for HP and for hubbers!

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

I like this idea. I think it would help conversions. The other thing this made me think of is that on your own websites/blogs you can get a bit of code from amazon that will show a small version of the product page when you hover over the link. I wonder if HP could integrate that too?

1. skyfire profile image75
      skyfireposted 5 years ago

Squidoo has this thumbnail(rollover) feature on module and i found that it turns off buyers. After deselecting that option from modules my sales were improved. As per my personal tests stars/thumbnail don't help especially for electronic items.

If implemented here on HP, there should be option to deselect this feature.

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting sky - I didn't know squidoo had that feature. If it puts off buyers then scrap the idea completely, lol.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting to hear - as always, I'm going by my own "buying mindset". I know that I personally would be more likely to click on a product if I could see it had high customer ratings, but then again, my brain isn't the same as most people's! As for the rollover/thumbnail idea though, I think that I too would find it offputting as a potential buyer.

I definitely agree that people should have the choice to opt out if HP ever did implement this idea.

2. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure I would want either of these changes either. I just can't stand rollovers, so I'm not surprised at Skyfire's findings.

As to the ratings, you really need to hold back important info to get them to click. It's not all about them buying that product. A large part of the game is getting the cookie in their browser and just getting them over to Amazon. More than 50 percent of what I sell on Amazon has nothing to do with anything I've written or any hub I pushed. I just sold a $300 Xbox Kinect (sp?) the other day, and I don't even know that the durn thing is! smile

1. Lily Rose profile image83
        Lily Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm with lrohner - the rollover/popup feature is very annoying - just like Kontera which is why many people don't use it.  As a consumer myself it would definitely turn me off.  Also, what she said about "the game" is so, so true!  Make them want to read or learn more and you just might get lucky.  Well, said, Lisa!

3. GmaGoldie profile image87
      GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

FYI - eBay is beta testing a product review.  Same concept.

I am still very annoyed at eBay and bringing in items without photos - I think it ruins the focus of my Hubs.  Wish eBay would fix that item first.

4. Whitney05 profile image67
      Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Please no rollover ads.....

I wouldn't mind a few changes with the ebay capsule, so that we can focus on 'buy it now' items instead of auctions and BIN. I'd like the option of having it as is, as well as BIN only.