jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Thanks to the hub-lovelies who have helped me out

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I am sitting working on hubs and someone else's webiste, watching the snow fall outside, and listening to my husband play with the kids upstairs, and it made me want to say a big THANKYOU to all the lovley helpful and kind hubbers who gave me tips, advice, critique and encouragement. Without that level of support I would right now be stacking shelves in my local supermarket (as that was our back up plan if I couldn't earn enough online).

Thanks again.

1. pisean282311 profile image57
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well i dont remember ever helping you out but still would take your thank tongue

2. waynet profile image46
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to stack shelves, clean toilets, flip burgers and pretty much any dead end job that was designed to bring you down.

Well done on your goals reached and many more to come!

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Spacey, that is lovely! Not that there is anything wrong with stocking shelves, some has to do it or we cant shop! But it is nice to hear that you are able to be doing something you love, with the kids near by. Keep them hubs coming and see what happens eh? big_smile

3. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

More power to you Spacey.  You in turn are helping others.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image75

Kirsten - I used to stack shelves in the shop and my mum still works there so I meant no offence smile But it would be so stressful to go back to working out the home - trying to get time off when kids are sick, or have holidays, or school plays etc etc. Where I live 'there's always FiveWays (name of shop)' is everyone's back-up plan big_smile.

pisean - you have at least always been around for a chat and that is plenty enough help smile

Hi Mark - I am trying to help - not really sure how helpful I am though big_smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Spacey. A response on the forums, an answer to a question, a comment on a newbie hub - these are all things that give great encouragement to the beginner starting out.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I took no offense hun big_smile
      I do think that society as a whole tends to place values on some of the most useless stuff. I like to try to remind folks when I can that the 'little' jobs are the ones we would miss the most if we didn't have folks willing to do them, while those big celebrity type things we value so highly would cause no harm if they ceased to exist. It is nice tho that you are able to enjoy a slice of family bliss today due to the internet smile. I guess that is one of those things of more value then celebrities smile

5. Spacey Gracey profile image75

It sucks the way people in lower paid jobs are treated. Like I said I used to work in a supermarket on minimum wage and people were so rude to me - customers, and people I met socially. Then a couple of years ago I was a communications manager on about 3 times as much money and I was treated like the best thing since sliced bread - but seriously if we woke up tomorrow and there were no supermarket workers or communications managers going into work, who would you miss the most!!

1. kirstenblog profile image79

Exactly! I find it disgusting how undervalued an honest days work is compared to those jobs that require very little integrity, if ya know what I mean wink
      Kudos's on you for doing a job that is underpaid but actually contributes something to your community even if you are not in that same job now smile You seem a very 'salt of the earth' type of person. Remember when that was something to aspire to? Being 'salt of the earth' smile

Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think 'salt of the earth' seems to mean 'rough' now - which is said - I'll do pretty much anything to pay the bills. Goal is to be home with the sprogs while keeping a roof over our heads, food in the cupboard and petrol in the car big_smile. I am a simple person (rather than a simpleton).

1. kirstenblog profile image79

You are probably right but I wonder for how long? What with all these economic woes people are experiencing maybe we are due to shift back to appreciating a good honest days work? smile

6. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Spacey - I don't believe I provided you with any direct help, but I wanted to say that I'm happy for you that hubbing has worked out well for you and enabled you to be able to work from home rather than outside the home!  I'm in the same boat!

7. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Ohh, yeah, must feel good, congrats! I need to get 278 hubs up, so jealous.

I didn't realize I had that many until you pointed out - that must ne why I feel so sleepy - time for another cuppa.

8. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

I don't know if I've helped you or not Spacey, but thanks for the appreciation anyway tongue

oooh you have helped - waving the flag for essex girls

9. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Congrats Spacey, I am sure you are serving as inspiration to others.

I don't think I have helped you in any ways, except to root for you and others here!

and you too - I must have read the thoughts of so many hubbers while stalking the forums and it has all contributed to my knowledge.

working