jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon Links

1. Leelin profile image60
    Leelinposted 6 years ago

Hi I'm writing some hubs to target some Amazon products. I have the Amazon capsule in 'choose specific products' mode and have added both the products webpage url, and the products ASIN number, but then when I check the resulting links on the link checker page ie.
    https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … /main.html the links fail to have my affiliate link embedded.
    Any ideas will be appreciated!!
    Ps I've read quite a few hubs as well as scoured the 'help' section of the Amazon site itself and can't get things working properly.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Amazon capsules are based upon that you have an Amazon affiliate account, which has been activated through the HubPages control panel; then the affiliate code should be inserted automatically.

An alternative method would be to log into Amazon, then get the affiliate links from Amazon's site. But in that case, you insert them as textual links, not into an Amazon capsule. Maximum 2 such links are allowed in any hub.

Leelinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have an Amazon affiliate account, and have my Amazon affiliate code inserted in the affiliate settings page. It tells me the status is "set".
      I've used the 'find products with a keyword' feature also, and those links failed according to the Amazon link checker tool as well.
      Would you, Website Examiner, or somebody check their links using the Amazon link checking tool https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … /main.html and see if they work as they should? I'm wondering if the tool is at fault??
      Thanks

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Ignore the link checker tool, it does not work for Hubpages.

Are you using the capsules, do your ads show up? If so, you are doing it right.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I tried with one affiliate link, which I am pretty sure is valid. The tool returned an error message.

Thanks Uninvited Writer, and Website Examiner. Yeah I've had the products links show up several times in every way I've tried. They look ok and go to the appropriate page. I've contacted Amazon and will post on this thread when I hear back.

Well I don't know what's going on but I picked more Amazon products individually (by their ASIN numbers) and they now come back as good on their link checker?? Anyway, if it's not broke don't fix it...I guess.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for reporting back. Good luck, and have a nice day.

Well I heard back from Amazon, and FAI (for anyones information) they said:

"The Link Checker does not work correctly with the links you are testing because it is designed only to check the tagging for a URL linking to Amazon.com. This tool is intended primarily for people constructing or modifying their own Associate links to Amazon.com.

Using the Build Links/Widgets tools when signed in to Associate Central will produce correctly tagging links and widgets. The Link Checker does NOT check the tagging for our served links such as Omakase or Recommended Product Links. It also does NOT check the tagging for Widgets.

For served links and widgets, our Associate Central Build Links/Widgets tools will automatically include the Associate ID or Tracking ID that you have selected when you are logged in to Associate Central while building the link or widget."

I checked a bunch of my Amazon links after starting this thread, but before hearing back from Amazon, and they all checked out good...go figure??

Anyway, like I said if it ain't broke don't fix it! (although I would like to see one of the high end products I've been promoting sell!;o)

working