jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to get Amazon working?

1. Sarah Masson profile image79
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

I have read up on this and have asked questions etc but it isn't getting me anywhere. My google adsense is working fine but I'm having a lot of trouble with Amazon. I have been accepted but when I do the link checker it says: Fail: The link above was not tagged or was not a valid Amazon link.

What am I supposed to do? Can someone please help me? smile

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can't use the link checker with HP.

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Hi Sarah,
    I don't know what you mean by link checker? If you have been accepted into the program all you need to do is place the ID they have given you in your affiliate settings here:

http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

and click activate.

Once that's done, go to a hub you want to put amazon products on >> go into edit mode >> add amazon capsule >> open amazon.com in a new window >> select a product you would like to put into your capsule >> copy the url at the top of the page >> add into the capsule >> click save.

Instead of the method above you can also add products to your amazon capsules via keywords if you prefer.

Remember that the info on amazon about adding links is for website owners. On Hubpages it works differently because we have the amazon capsule instead.

Hope that helps smile

3. Sarah Masson profile image79
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

Thankyou very much for your help. I have got the ID in my affiliate settings and it says set? I thought I had to do all stuff with links and all that and I didn't know what I was doing. Phew, glad you cleared that up for me smile

4. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

You're welcome smile Set is good. If you have any more questions feel free to ask here - there are lots of people that are more than willing to help smile

working