jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Links to other Hubs

1. 0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

I regularly use the "suggest links" feature when writing my Hubs. If a Hub of your own comes up in the list of links, can you link to it, or does this constitute a breach for overly/self promotional?
    Although some of my Hubs have come up on the list, I have not linked to them this way, for fear of breaching TOS.

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can link to your own - no breaches and no over promotion.  The 'overly promotional' rule only applys to outbound links (from the whole of Hubpages) for which you are only allowed two to the same website. 

Hope this helps!

2. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can link to your hub with suggest link option.

you can also link to your hubs manually by using link capsule and rss feed.

you can use text linking to refer to your hubs as well.

All these as many times as you want. tongue NO TOS violation at all.

Only if you link to any outside domain more than 2 times in a hub, or many times from different hubs that will be a TOS violation.

2. 0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    I have linked to my own Hubs inside a text capsule where relevant, but was worried about the"suggested links".
    Now I know that it is okay, I will link to my own work if it comes up in the list smile
    The best way to learn is to ask.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

one free tips, don't use too much of the suggest link option as it take your readers away from your hub. I personally use it rarely now a days.

1. 0
        Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Saleheen. Will keep that in mind smile

working