jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Question on how to interlink hubs

1. daybreak profile image68
    daybreakposted 6 years ago

Hi all

Aside from the "suggest links" tool, basic links capsule or entering html in  text module, are there other ways to interlink hubs? Can anyone elaborate on hub interlinking practices?

I frequently publish related hubs and would like a way to quickly add a list of hubs that are relevant. The links module takes time to build and the "suggest links" method does not always list the hub that I would like to include.

Is there a better tool that I have overlooked?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

use text linking.
      Select a word or portion of your hub when in edit mood and click on the chain sign that is situated on the menu on top of the text capsule. A pop up box will be opened where you have to insert the link you want to connect.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You could build a custom RSS feed. Edweirdo has written a hub on it.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

also create group for related hubs. At the bottom of a hub two hubs from the group will be shown automatically.

4. daybreak profile image68
    daybreakposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for help on this. I am finding that the simple text linking within content is often a good solution.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good luck with it. You may love to know that you can use tracker in your links.

2. SEO Ibiza profile image61
      SEO Ibizaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

its the best solution, it is widely agreed that links from within content carrry more ranking weight than navigation or footer links etc including for example the group links on hubpages, and lists of links without content (like RSS feeds) have not had much weight for a long while now. 

contextual "in-content" links always pack the most punch.

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Edweirdo just discovered an exciting new way to do this.

Say you want a feed of your iPad hubs - the hubs that have that tag or the word in the title.

Your feed is

HubPages,com/author/your-hp-name/ipad/best?rss

It works beatifully!

1. daybreak profile image68
      daybreakposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a few applications for this too, thanks!

working