jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Adsense - Maddie, a possible addition to the sticky thread

1. Inspirepub profile image90
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

I found myself typing the same info and correcting the same misapprehensions about Adsense repeatedly over the past couple of weeks, so I have made a Hub about Adsense - how to interpret the Adsense report and use it to improve your Adsense earnings. And the truth about what we get paid for and what we don't.

Maddie, I will put the link here so you can check it out for possibly adding to the pink sticky. Feel free to delete this post once you have had a look - I know I'm starting a thread with a link, which is a no-no. I just didn't want the info to get lost in the middle of some other topic thread.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Understanding-Y … nt-Reports

2. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

I assume you have Google's written consent for those confidential stats you've posted in that hub? If not, you may want to read the Adsense TOS section on confidentiality.

3. reswill profile image59
    reswillposted 8 years ago

I'm a newbie 2 the whole adsense and can't-load the codes on my blog.I 've never had much-trouble with copy/paste.How do you do it? I couldn't contact them for help!,thanks.

4. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

You should obscure the CTR info. Google will ban your Adsense account without so much as a good-bye if you are caught sharing that information.

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Great explanation of how Adsense works, but I agree with Isabella and Embitca, you really should remove your CTR stats or make up some and replace yours with made up numbers that still serve the same purpose as what you're trying to say.

6. Inspirepub profile image90
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out, guys - I have made that point much more explicit with a disclaimer under each and every example image in my Hub now. The numbers are examples for illustrative purposes only.

P.S. There is not much point publishing real data, just obscuring the CTR column and leaving in page impressions and clicks - a calculator is all someone would need to work out the CTR if you did that. You have to construct the whole thing.