jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Mob Topics..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I just recently posted my first ever hub mob topic, and I've seen the 'challenges' up in the past, but for whatever reason, never participated before.

Now, I am trying to find out the 'history' of the hub mob topics, and what, if anything, is "the point?"

Is it a contest of some sort?  Do the hub-mobbers get extra publicity?  It it a challenge to simply write more hubs?  Is it sponsored by HP in any way, or was it thought up by a hubber?

Etc....  I am curious.   :-D

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

I just read about these in the Learning Center!  I'd say they are pretty official if they are part of the help and instructions being offered.  Not much is said about how they got invented.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I don't know about the history but...

You do get more publicity because each hub for the hubmob becomes part of an RSS feed so your hub will show on other people's hubs who are participating.

Also, a gigantic index is made when the week's topic ends, with a link back to your hub. In my experience hubmob hubs usually take off faster than the average hub.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Ok, great!  Thanks for that info, and the link!  Mystery resolved!  ;-)

5. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

Try this background hub, What is a HubMob and how to join one, by Princessa:

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-a-HubMo … o-join-one

And this one, HubMob Topics, How They Are Chosen, by Shirley Anderson: 

HubMob is an official HubPages program, mostly run by volunteers, overseen as needed by HP staff POC.  IMO, HubMob motivates hubbers to write on a variety of topics they would otherwise not likely explore.