jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

eBay

1. Leelin profile image60
    Leelinposted 6 years ago

I started adding a few eBay capsules to my hubs, and then realized I needed to get my info in the affiliate settings. I'm having trouble getting the right account set-up with eBay, so I emailed them and they told me this:

I would like to draw your attention that according to section D.1. of
    the eBay Partner Network Code of Conduct
    (https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/PublisherRegCC) publishers are only
    allowed to promote eBay on website domains that they own:

"You will only place Links or Promotional Content on sites you own.You
    will not place Links or Promotional Content on third-party sites,
    including classifieds sites (including but not limited to Craigslist,
    Netlog, MySpace), newsgroups,, message boards, blogs, comments, link
    farms, forums, classified ad services, counters, chatrooms or
    guestbooks. "

Any info on setting up the proper account and setting up what I need to here on Hubpages affiliate settings?

Thanks

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

It's my understanding that unless you have your own website, you're not going to be able to get an eBay affiliate account.  Many of us are in that boat.

1. Leelin profile image60
      Leelinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I found this in faq - http://hubpages.com/faq/#ebay
      I do have websites, but does anyone make much money with eBay?

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I've heard that some do that have it.  I'm not one that has an eBay affiliate account.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

HubPages is currently in negotiations with eBay, according to Paul Edmondson.  Keep an eye out for some sort of official announcement, hopefully before the end of the year.

5. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 6 years ago

I did not know that, but then again I do not have ebay aff. account, I heard they are very strict now.

6. Mike Dale profile image80
    Mike Daleposted 6 years ago

My concern about this is ebay disqualifying my affilaite account if I promote it on hubpages or any site that is not owned by me.

As pointed out, ebay states:

"Prohibited Promotional Methods: You will not engage in, and will not receive compensation for Promotional Methods and behaviors that are expressly disallowed below:
    All eBay Programs disallow the placement of Promotional Content or Links on domains you do not own."

Then ebay goes on to say:

"Prohibited Promotional Methods: You will not engage in, and will not receive compensation for Promotional Methods and behaviors that are expressly disallowed below:
    All eBay Programs disallow the placement of Promotional Content or Links on domains you do not own."

Any thoughts, or anyone have issues with this who promote on non-owned sites?

working