jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic Referals Just Went from 1 to 62!!???

1. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Before today, I had only one impression on URL referrer page. Tonight, I checked and it went up to 62 in a few hours!

Is this possible, or do you think maybe they had been adding them up, and hadn't put them on my account for a while? And do you think I might actually get some revenue from this?

smile smile smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You need Google Analytics to get the answers for such questions. You can see where the visitors came from as well as what hubs generated revenue.

3. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Yes, I just did, and it turns out I made a total of 96 cents today ... when my total before was 3 cents.

Thank you Website Examiner!

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Are you talking about your referral trackers? (http://hubpages.com/my/trackers)

If so you don't earn a huge amount from impressions - it just means if people visit someone elses hub you have a 9-12% chance of your adverts being shown. However continued earnings (10%) come from signups on your tracker.

If you're talking about page views (http://hubpages.com/my/hubs), then maybe one of your topics is in the news or got popular or had someone give it an organic backlink.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages Terms of Use, 9...

"You may also earn money through HubPages by registering as a user, tying Your IDs to Your HubPages account and then referring people to the Website. If they register, and create Hubs, HubPages will place Your IDs on 20% of the Hubs impressions from the HubPages share that the users You signup create."

I wonder why the TOS says 20% and everybody else keeps saying 10%.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this
        1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I should think the TOS are a more authoritative source than the FAQ. In any event, it seems to be misleading.

working