jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

amazon prices too high

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed that products are listed at outragous prices? For example List price $14.99 Amazon Price 129.99? Looks as if typo, but I have seen quite a few. Of course I dont list them in a capsule for fear that the buyer will shy away from the site but is there a solution or explanation?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've seen that too Paula and I'm not so sure it isn't deliberate. The careful buyer will ignore it, the buyer who just wants the product regardless of the price will buy it.
      Not sure if it is a marketing ploy or not, never clicked through the check-out to see if the price remains the same.

1. 0
        Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's happened to me before, but it usually gets fixed pretty quickly. One of my books on Amazon was listed by one marketplace seller at over $400. While I was flattered that he thought someone would actually pay that much for a copy of my book, I knew it must be a typo...LOL

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I wish Amazon wouldn't list 'marketplace' prices as if they were offical direct sales prices.  It gives traders a chance to try and gouge buyers and look pretty bad....

3. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 5 years ago

Yes, I've seen that many times, too.  It's weird how for most things Amazon has some of the best prices, but then on occasion you run across something that's ridiculously more expensive at Amazon compared to elsewhere...