jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hubscore is baffling

1. canadawest99 profile image60
    canadawest99posted 5 years ago

So in the last few weeks I add 200 new hubs, 40 new followers and participate a little more in the forums and my score goes down 5 points?   Is that counter-intuitive or what?     Not that I am obsessed with it, but sometimes I can't figure out what it wants.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As you are an experienced hubber I hope you have not violated any TOS. So my guess is your new hubs are very short in size that may be the reason.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Adding new hubs can make the score go down a bit for a while, because the new hubs start with a low score and then work their way up.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

I've noticed people with a very high hubs/followers ratio tend to struggle to get a high hubscore. Canadawest99, you've got a lot of new hubs with scores in the 60's, which is probably pulling down your overall hubscore. Give them time to get in the 70's and 80's and your overall score should go up.

1. rotl profile image61
      rotlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very interesting observation. I think I have seen the same thing... there are plenty of people with little or no hubs with great hubber scores because they have followers while some people with a lot of hubs have low hubber scores. Seems counter-intuitive to me... does HubPages want people who don't write anything but "get" a bunch of followers or prolific writers who publish lots of hubs (and don't worry about how many followers they have)?