jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Would HubPages mind if I use this ad?

1. RealityBomb profile image79
    RealityBombposted 6 years ago

Would HubPages mind if I used this ad I created for my website. http://realitybomb.com/ads/smallsquare/hubpages-ad.png I was going to have my tracking ID attached to it to try and earn some commission. I couldn't find any pre-made banners so I made this myself, would they mind?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looks nice and appealing. I don't know the TOS related to your question but there are some pre-made banners here http://hubpages.com/help/ads

RealityBombposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I couldn't find these myself.

2. travelespresso profile image83
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is seriously cool RB.  Well done. 

Not sure if you can use it but I hope you can.  I just wanted to drop by and give it the thumbs up!

Thank you. That's very kind.

3. RealityBomb profile image79

Unfortunatly Hubpages couldn't sanction the use of their logo so I can't use it. Never mind, I'll just use one of their's instead that Saleheensblog pointed out to me.
      I'm not too bothered because I guess I understand it from their perspective, plus, my website is a conspiracy/alternative topic website.

1. travelespresso profile image83
        travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats a real shame.  Its a great creative!

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

You would have to ask the staff if they had a problem with it. 

E-mail would be the best contact method.   <team@hubpages.com>

I think it is cool though I would insert my tracker into it.

I'll send them an email. Thanks!

3. Urbane Chaos profile image88
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Damn that's a good looking at.. I really can't imagine why they won't let you use it.  That just baffles me.

4. kmackey32 profile image79
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

yep it is cool

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
      MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, its a good looking ad. Pity you can't use it. sad

Thanks everyone!
        I guess if HP let me use this then they will open the floodgates and everyone will think its okay to use their logo.
        I would have done the same in their shoes I suppose.

5. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Its a very stylish ad, mind you, how many people actually earn a wage on Hubpages? only a few I can think of. I hope to earn a lot more than £150 a month from Hubpages but you need to write an awful lot from my experience, by my 2 year anniversary I hope to have near 1000 hubs and next year I will have time to write at least 2 hubs a day when I'm on leave from my day job.

Thats good!
      The way I look at it, if only ONE person is earning a living/wage from Hubpages then ANYONE can if they're prepared to apply themselves. This is the key to it and nobody ever said it is easy.
      Personally I know its going to take a lot of work to earn something decent from Hubpages which is why I've also set up a website to increase my income from writing. I aim to be earning a full-time online wage by this time next year and that is not wishful thinking.
      My site has 3 seperate blogs on it which will allow me to post a wide variety of topics while also focusing on a few niches at the same time. The site should be ready by the end of this week then I too, just like you plan on writing at least two articles per day.

If your not earning a good amount of cash each month from 1000 hubs then you've got to be doing something very wrong.

6. brandonhart100 profile image83
    brandonhart100posted 6 years ago

I can tell you put some significant effort into this.  I hope they let you use it.

working