jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon hub review - need to know the good, the bad, and the ugly.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

With all this talk about Amazon lately, I decided to try something new.  I've always done informational hubs and have had moderate success with amazon, but I wanted to see what would happen if I wrote something based solely on Amazon merchandise.

Please let me know what works here and what doesn't.. I appreciate any and all help!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm rubbish at marketing stuff, but I thought your page was nicely laid out, funny and interesting.  One of the nicer marketing hubs I have read.  But you need feedback from the experts on this.

Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mark, thanks for taking a look - I appreciate your comments.. that's exactly what I was going for, but, as you say, I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to Amazon..  Thanks, man - I really appreciate the feedback!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

IMO you've done a great job.

=>Included lots of items (the more choice and the more in their face, the better!)
    =>You've got enough word content to keep google happy and hopefully get long tail keyword hits.

Some extra things to try:

=>Yes, you are trying to get them to buy, but remove the top right Amazon capsule and let Adsense appear there instead or write an intro blurb up top. It weeds out the "lookers" and the "buyers" will continue on down. I earn quite a bit on Adsense from my sales hubs.
    =>Add a photo or two - preferably one of the Amazon items you're selling but in a bigger picture. My motto is, "Never show them an item on a sales hub they can't buy!"

Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As always, you're an inspiration.. Thanks for taking a look, it's extremely appreciated!

I agree with the idea of letting Adsense show up first. I thought about adding an intro capsule, but I was always taught to go straight to the sell.  Of course, online selling is different than doing it face to face.  You make a great point there though..

As for the photos, I wish I could merge the two together so that buyers can see the outfit as a whole, but I don't think that's possible.  I'll have to check around and see what I can find.

I'll have to spend some more time editing tomorrow. smile

Thanks again for the help!