What to do about plagiarizers

1. K Tannahill profile image60
    K Tannahillposted 5 years ago

I was just wondering what the writers on Hubpages do about plagiarizers?  I want to report them to Google but the hubs do not have a date on them.  Does this matter?  How do I prove my article was stolen if there is not a date on the hub to show I wrote it and someone stole it an posted it on their site?

I appreciate any help - I have a few hubs that have been plagiarized and I want to report those sites to Google or wherever else I can to get them to take my stuff off their site.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 5 years ago in reply to this
  2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I do not believe that the date is much of an issue. In your control panel, my account, you can see exactly what date each hub was published. HubPages staff can confirm this if need be. Also, there are ways to discern which article was first published on the Internet.

You need to contact the infringing publisher, then their hosting provider if necessary with a demand that the copied material be removed. If necessary, you will end up filing a DMCA complaint with the hosting provider if it is located in the United States.

I am sure the hub Shazwellyn has referenced will be helpful. Feel free to post here again if you need further information or support.