Tag Comparison???

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Hi, folks...

I wonder if someone could advise me on the relative tags on both of these hubs.  They are about similar topics (game strategy).

This one,

has more traffic and a higher rank,  while this one,

has less and a lower rank.  Is it only due to the relative ages of these two hubs, or do you think my tagging is 'off' on the newer hub? 

I ask this because the first hub was more immediately visited with more frequency.  While the first one has been up longer, both were written within a month or so of each other.

Thank you.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The first one appears to be quite a bit longer. However that may not have much to do with it.

I used to overanalyze but I realized something - there are just too many fine details to ever understand why something does or doesn't go well. Some of these include:

Time of year, how many people play, how old/new the game is, organic backlinks & viral spreading, long tail keywords, age, length, how well it ranks in google, how many other guides there are like it. It could be one of those factors, it could be all of them or it could be something completely different.

To Quote Nelle Hoxie:

"The age of the hub doesn't really matter either. I've got some going gangbusters and making money from the hour they were published. Other's nada. Even on my earliest hubs, there is no pattern of older hubs doing better as they age - some do, some don't."

Full thread makes for interesting read: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50840

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
        DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, WryLilt.

That makes sense..I've had my 1 year anniversary here, and feel I'm still on the learning curve!  ;-)