jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Sales Page Overly Promotional??!!!

1. J Sunhawk profile image80
    J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago

Trying to publish an Amazon page. It’s sitting in my account, not published yet, and it’s already been flagged thus:

WARNING: This hub is at risk of being identified as Overly Promotional for use of affiliate links.

This hub has more than two affiliate links or links that point to sales or lead forms. HubPages allows up to two links to a single domain per hub of original content (ie. content unique to HubPages, not found anywhere else on the web). Links in the image source field of images also count toward this limit. Redirecting links such as tinyurl.com or bit.ly are considered to be wildcards are will count as a link toward every domain that is linked in your hub. Using url shortners or redirects to circumvent this rule is strictly prohibited.

Well, yeh. It’s got all kinds of links to Amazon products and different Amazon pages. I’ve also linked to different HubPages.

What is this telling me? That I can only link two Amazon pages even though they are different URLs?

What’s cooking here?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you finished the hub? If it's only a title and some amazon capsules, would be automatically flagged. Adding more content will automatically remove the flag.

Experiment. When you start a new hub, you can go out of edit mode and you'll find that such messages will appear until you've reached a level of acceptable content.

AND you're meant to use Amazon CAPSULES to display Amazon PRODUCTS, not link to the product.

J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Hub is done except for adding more products.

It's 1,800 words with 24 products in the Amazon capsules. I do link copy in the hub to the Amazon pages that carry the products I'm writing about. That would be one link via the Amazon capsule plus another link from the hub page to the amazon page. In total, I'm linking four Amazon pages - different URLs - plus linking Amazon capsules on these same pages.

Could that be where I'm catching the flag? If that's the case, I can dump the anchor links going to the Amazon pages from my hub.

1. livewithrichard profile image86
          livewithrichardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are using more than 2 text links pointing towards Amazon then that will flag the system.  Get rid of text links and only use the Amazon capsules.  You can have as many Amazon Capsules as you like, its the text links that are the problem.

J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's what I suspected from what WryLilt said.

Thanks for the confirmation, Richard

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Your Hub can be flagged as overly-promotional by the automatic system filters if you have too many retail capsules and not enough original text content.