jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Another Silly Ad Question

1. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

I'm fairly new here.  What a cool community!

But ... though I've managed to find the sticky pink thread, and the techy stuff is relatively easy to figure out (so far), there's one teensy question I haven't been able to resolve:

Profit-wise, is it more -- or less -- advantageous for me to set ads to "High?"  Or does it make an innocent, non-commercial Hub look tacky?

None of my Hubs actually sell a product or service; in fact, I really don't aim too hard for commercial appeal. I'm much more interested in sharing information and improving my writing.  But I wouldn't be too deeply offended if a bit of cash wafted my way!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I've started putting all mine on high. The ad volume is not that bad.

3. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

If you have any external links (except to things like Wikipedia) you are supposed to set it to "high" anyway. The definition of "commercial" covers a large proportion of Hubs. If you link to your own blog or your photos on Flickr, for example, you should set it to "high".

I have only lowered it on my poetry Hubs, because I don't want ads across the middle of a poem (and they don't link anywhere).

4. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Uninvited Writer and Inspirepub!

Great advice.  All my Hubs are set to High, and I'll just keep on doing that ... unless I really really want to make sure certain passages go uninterrupted.