jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Am I losing my mind? (Hubpage Preview)

1. Urbane Chaos profile image89
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Now I know this wasn't there before.. When you preview a hub, it used to open in a separate window.  Now it has this nifty little preview script that stays on the same page.  For a second there, I thought I was losing my mind - waiting for the new window to open.  I know, I need help.

Still, I like it!  It's "purdy." I think it's much easier to use this way.  Kudo's on the preview!

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like it. However it's of little consequence to me - I've always been in the habit of just pressing "save unpublished" since most hubs are works in progress that I come back to quite a few times before publication!

2. 2uesday profile image86
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I think I will end up saving unpublished and re-opening from now on as I always liked viewing the preview on full page to see how it looked once the ads were loaded onto it.

Even then sometimes after I published if I did not like the way it looked I would feel compelled to edit it, moving the capsules around. I hope it does not slow me down, so many of the new features have proved to be time savers once I got the 'hang of them' such as the new photo system and the 'sliding arrow' to add capsules.

Maybe it will be an improvement once I get use to it, not sure.

Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can understand that as well.. For me, It seems I always have 50 windows open anyway, so when it would pop up in a new tab it would just get lost.  Like anything though, you're right, it'll take some time getting used to.

3. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

I really love it.  I use preview a lot and so I'm happy with the changes.

As you say UC its "purdy". smile

::grins:: It is purdy. big_smile

4. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

I rarely use the preview feature either, but I like the new interface big_smile

5. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I've noticed a couple of cool little things showing up randomly nearly every week. I can throw hubs together so fast with what they give me, it is great. All these updates make Hubpages better and better.

So far, this is the only change that I've really noticed.. I'm sure there's been others - HubPages is always expanding - but as to what they are, I have no idea...  I haven't yet seen anything that HP's done that I haven't liked..

6. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I use preview a lot too and I find this change quite neat.  smile

working