jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

My 30th Hub today - Need advice for improving traffic?

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

Today i made my 30th hub. I am happy about that. But still i am worrying about one thing.

My traffic is not yet reached 1000 views so far. Couple of hundreds short now. I made few dollars from adsense for the month of november.

Sought your advice for increasing the traffic.

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Top Universe,

I can share a few pointers, that I think might work,

1. tweet your hubs
      2. Make it keywords
      3. Link your own hubs
      4. Leave comments with hub URL
      5. Keep working, rewards will follow

I know sometimes it take bit while. Good luck

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

apply your knowledge. you are here in hp for a while. by now you already know what to do. just apply yourself. smile

3. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Here's my take on one of your hubs.  Bear in mind I have no outside traffic either and I don't know what I'm talking about.

But hey!

We can all learn together.

I looked at Laser Teeth Whitening Cost.

I checked on Google and you're on page three, quite a lot of competition.  I don't know how much traffic you get for that hub, and neither should you tell me - otherwise people will just nick it.

But I wonder if you chose or added keywords to the title like Best, Fastest, Painless or whatever else would add to it's searchability.  Maybe try Can U Get Teeth Whitened or Sexy White Teeth - that kind of thing?

Then I checked your hub.  Pcunix makes the point about White Space.  Spreading out the text, more capsules - just to make the page less 'texty' and more 'browsy'.

Also I didn't notice a lot of pictures.  Apparently people like pictures.  What I do, rather than pictures - is to break up the page text with Amazon ads.

Now this is silly of me to try to help, I am just an unsuccessful newbie myself.  But I had five minutes, and by chatting on the forums we all learn stuff.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

@Mark - Spot on! Not bad for a newbie -- I mean Ewbie. smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks lrohner, I thought afterwards I had been a bit preachy or picky.  That wasn't my intention.  Talking aloud helps the lessons to sink into my brain as well.

1. Autumn Lynn profile image70
        Autumn Lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought you sounded great Ewbie. I also feel totally unqualified to comment on hubs or traffic but I can say your comment sounded well thoughtout and helpful. I will take some of the points myself so thank you.