jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

making money

1. Christina A profile image60
    Christina Aposted 5 years ago

What are the best topics to write about that convert into making money?  I love to write, and have been a blogger for many years.  However, I must confess my initial intention for joining Hubpages is to see if it would be possible to make a little money out of writing.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  For now I am just writing about things that interest me...

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Christina!  If your goal on HubPages is to earn an income from your writing, I would advise writing about commercial topics.  Commercial topics have a product or service related to them, e.g., cell phone reviews, how to pick out the best barbeque, what are the best gifts for teenagers, etc. It is also best to find topics that are evergreen, stay relevant over time and that are specific. 

Before you invest your time, I'd suggest you check out our learning center (http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/) to get a few tips.  The section on HubCamp and Keyword Research, will help you with the point Website Examiner was referring to.   

It sounds like you already know how to write online, and I think HubPages could be a great place for you to earn an income from your writing.  Good luck!  big_smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

People come to HubPages searching for specific information on topics that interest them, typically through the search engines. You need to learn to do keyword research, starting with the Google Adwords keyword tool, to find out what keywords are being searched for and how much competition they have. You can even have the keyword tool scan your existing hubs to see if there are keywords and tags that you can add to make them more attractive to the search engines.

If you aim for Amazon, product-oriented hubs is the way to go. For Adsense, it really isn't possible to say broadly what topics are best, since some good topics may be over-saturated and highly competitive. Writing informative articles on a niche, to give readers specific knowledge, is a good place to start.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

the best thing of HP is you can write on any topic and get ranked well for good keywords. Write whatever you love to write, just  ensure the quality and do some niche and keyword research before writing.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Christina, I have had very good luck with "how to" hubs, and my Amazon sales hubs are beginning to produce as well.  Those two subjects are my bread and butter here (such as it is).  While I sometimes write other things (comedy, political or social views, etc.) they aren't earning me much if anything at all.

And a belated welcome to HP - glad to have you aboard.