jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Proselytizing on HubPages

1. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 6 years ago

I see plenty of it in hubs and on this forum, from both religious people and atheists. 

Any chance it will ever stop? Probably a stupid (and wishful) question, but here's hoping...

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope.  It won't stop.  Religious people who aren't motivated to do go out and do genuine good works gravitate to places like Internet forums where they can make lots of noise and feel like they are doing something meaningful in the name of God.

Atheists will mock them.

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Highly doubtful.
    Brainwashing usually has a very long-term effect on those who suffer from it.

The better thought would be for people to recognize each other as human beings, all in different places emotionally, spiritually and physically, and have a little respect for that without getting into this judgment and better-than crap that goes on the world over.

But that's not likely to happen either. People value their egos way too much.

3. Anesidora profile image81
    Anesidoraposted 6 years ago

It's pretty much the natural order of things. You know, now that they can't burn us anymore.

4. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Anesidora, if it will help atheists and my exwives, I've put in my will that I want to be cremated. It's the closest thing I could think of when they all tell me I'll burn in hell. wink

1. Anesidora profile image81
      Anesidoraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What? That's a waste of your remains. Don't you learn anything here in HubPages forums, Daniel?

Cremated, he says. And yet somewhere in this poor world there's a starving cannibal.

5. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 6 years ago

No religious people seem to be chiming in, so I guess I've answered my own question. smile

working