jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

My hubs are being blocked because of links I've included

1. 0
    b a pfenderposted 5 years ago

I'm having a number of my hubs removed because I'm linking free clip art graphics that I've made for readers to download and use for their print and web projects. The clip art is directedly associated with the content of my hubs. My graphics are stored on the server where my web site is hosted - where else would I store the graphics? When a reader clicks on a download link to access a clip art file, all that loads into their browser is the graphic. There are no promotional materials, logos, or links to any other locations, and the reader sees nothing that pertains to my web site. Am I not allowed to offer free clip art I've created that pertains the content of my hubs? I can understand the need to limit promotional activity, but anyone can read my hubs and see that I'm not using them to promote any web site. This is frustrating and discriminatory. Can a moderator please help?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I am not a moderator. However, I would like to bring to your attention that maximum 2 outbound links to the same domain are allowed in each hub, and certain other restrictions apply:

1. 0
      b a pfenderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking time to reply. Although I appreciate it, it doesn't really help.

2. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 5 years ago

I can see in a sense what you are saying, but there is a rule that forbids ANYONE from linking twice to the same domain in a single hub, thus it doesn't appear discriminatory.

They would have to make an exception for you, which is outside of the forum's control. Personally, I don't see the need to add a download button for all of them separately, perhaps some economy would improve the way it is viewed by Hubpages.

1. 0
        b a pfenderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In my earlier hubs, I tried bundling the graphics into one zipped file. That way, only one link is needed. However, people seem to have trouble unzipping the filres, and some operating systems and internet security software won't let users open .exe (zipped) files. Also, Mac users sometimes have problems opening .exe (Windows) files. While I've really enjoyed creating Hubs since I first joined in October, it appears the rules don't work in my favor.

I do appreciate your reply.

1. Pcunix profile image88
          Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So put a page with the links on that same other server and link once to that page instead.

3. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is another thread concerning essentially the same issue:

4. Whitney05 profile image68
      Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Contact team@hubpages.com

5. 1974 profile image61
      1974posted 5 years ago

Instead of putting a direct download link, just create a simple HTML page on your server and either make a menu for the images, or simply put a "Next" and "Back" button on each one. 

I understand you would like the ability to link each one in your Hubs, but I don't see them changing the 2 links per domain rule for anybody.

6. slc334 profile image61
      slc334posted 5 years ago

There are quite a few free online backup services out there (I wrote a hub on free backup services, you should check it out).  Services like dropbox would have an individual link to each file (or just rename a copy and link that), and then things become very easy to share (at your discretion of course).  Let me know what you're trying to do in a private message, and I'll see what I can do to help you!

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not likely. The Original Poster no longer exists as a user.

7. EBAY_SOURCERER profile image79
      EBAY_SOURCERERposted 5 years ago

Can't you put these links on your about me page without any interference?