jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Amazon Affiliate ID

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

I have been on Amazon several times, and created a list of books that relate to my hubs, and some books that I just recommend or like. I get to list them on a format I like, and click save. Then it gives me code, which it says to highlight and paste? Where? In a new hub? My lists are never saved, and when I have the code copied I can't post it anywhere. I want to use the Amazon Affiliate, and feel frustrated as I've tried over & over, and can't do it. Now they gave me 2 affiliate codes, and keep changing my customer and affiliate passwords. Help!

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You can't use code here on HP. You can use an Amazon capsule, but that won't allow you to use your list. Two things you can do:

1) Use Amazon capsules and create your list in there; or

2) Create a link capsule and put the code's link in there. If you look closely in that code, you'll find a link that starts with http://, it has your Amazon ID in it and it ends probably either with a ' or ". Copy and paste that link and forget the rest of the stuff in that code. Note that you can only link to Amazon a max of two times per hub outside of an Amazon capsule.

3. Jean Bakula profile image95
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

Thank you Irohner. I'm somewhat tech challenged. I really just love to write, and found Hubpages whilst waiting for a book I wrote to be published (I hope)! I wasn't trying to over promote my Hub. It just looks like other people's hubs have more ads on them, and I thought I was supposed to do more about putting them on. Not to worry! I'll just keep writing. I'm really loving this opportunity for creativity!

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You can put as many Amazon ads as you need/want on there. The only thing HP limits are links outside the ones in the Amazon/eBay capsules.

working