jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How do I remove links?

1. brsmom68 profile image85
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

I am not sure if I am missing the information or if it isn't there.  How do I remove links within my hub?  I'm guessing this will remove the 'duplicate content' warning on my Hub.  I have similar content on another site, but did revise it and it still says duplicate.  any assistance is very much appreciated.  Thank you!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't post similar content. Do a greater amount of rewriting to get rid of the warning.

2. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Removing the link will not  change the duplicate hub status .. if the same information is there on the internet,  even though it is written by you , HP considers it duplicate. Hp  expects you to write fresh  content .

If you have revised the content elsewhere it make take some time for Google to update it.. so the duplicate status may stay for sometime.. . this warning is seen only by you and not other hubbers ,so wait and rework if needed.
      Best wishes!

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

If you have used suggest link or text linking option then go to edit mood, select the text linked, click the unchain sign lying on top of the menu bar of the text capsule.

If you have used a link capsule just delete it clicking the x button on the top right corner of the capsule when in edit mood.

3. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

A link to duplicate content won't cause duplicate content.  Duplicate content causes duplicate content.

agreed

4. brsmom68 profile image85
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

Thank you for the information.  I have removed my links and will wait to see what happens.  I appreciate the help...can't believe I missed that in the edit window.  Thanks again!

5. saish profile image60
    saishposted 6 years ago

don't go for easy methods copy and past because even if you tweak it a little also it shows up in the Html part of the copied content that it is there from another site ,
    better off take some time and write your own hubs it can take a week also but write and promote it as much as you can my friend
    i hope you understand what i am saying otherwise your account might be closed for violations of agrrement

HTML part? what are you talking about? HP don't allow HTML except the simple ones given in text capsule.

working