jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Formatting Text and Hub Layout Aggrivation

1. Falsor Wing profile image85
    Falsor Wingposted 5 years ago

Are there any good hubs or guides on how to format text in textboxes so it will display on the actual hub in a manner that looks clean and clear?

My inability to get paragraphs, indentations, and so on to look how I want them to makes me a saaaad panda. The most aggrivating example is my idiots guide to hubbing hub. It was supposed to have outline format ie

and so forth but instead its just

it looks confusing, which is a problem because my target audience is already confused.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

The only way that I've found to get a real good looking format is to use preformatted text, but it's a pain so I don't use it that much.  I just had to play around with it until it looked good.  Ya might give that a try..

1. nclark140 profile image60
      nclark140posted 5 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean preformated text? You mean like cut/paste from like a word document or something?

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
        Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope.. It's hard to describe, so I took a couple screen shots..

This is how it looks in the editor:

You should be able to see the selection that says "preformatted."
        (on the menu bar, next to the blockquote function, where it says "format")

This is what the finished product looks like:

Like I said, it's a pain to work with, but if you absolutely need to format a lot of text in a capsule this is the only way that I've found to do it.  You just have to watch so that the text doesn't run off the side of the screen.

Sorry for the small pictures.. I figured they'd come out bigger on here.

Hope that explains it..