jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Define a relationship?

1. figment profile image78
    figmentposted 6 years ago

There are so many kinds of "relationships" these days.  What defines a romantic relationship?  How do you know when you are dating?  What kind of relationship are you currently in or looking for?

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What's romance?

does someone paying a lot of money to have a small plane fly above the house with an 'I love you' banner make this gesture any more significant (or less romantic) than someone simply spelling it out in snow outside the window?

Not an easy question to answer. Surely you'd know you were dating? isn't that the difference between a kiss on the cheek and a kiss on the mouth?

1. Anesidora profile image67
        Anesidoraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Depends on if the writing in the snow is yellow. If so, the plane with the banner wins.

very good

and if its in red (in snow)

call an ambulance

2. Daniel Carter profile image89
          Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was........something like what I would say.....
          You brat. wink

2. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I pretty find it a simple question (call me, "simple-minded", I guess).  I figure, there are friends, and there are romantic relationships (or relationships that have the potential into turning into romantic ones).   Once I've "assigned someone" the place of "friend and no possibility of ever being anything more", that's it.   No confusion or blurring of lines for me.  Since there's only so much time (and interest) for one romantic relationship, when I'm in one everybody else automatically gets "assigned in my mind" as a friend.  When a potentially romantic, or romantic, relationship is what it ought to be; there's never a question about whether the person is a friend or "something more" (at least for me).

(Then, of course, the other relationships are relatives - but they don't count on this thread here.)

2. figment profile image78

One reason I ask this question is because I am in a "relationship" with a guy.  We see each other every other day.  We kiss, cuddle, have sex, but because of both of our past failed relationships we refuse to call what we are in a "relationship".

you're in a relationship so stop expecting failure and enjoy what you have

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
        6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with  Joe Badtoe!
        Enjoy this moment in time. All things have a cycle. Maybe this one will be a long and enjoyable one. Maybe you've broken the loser cycle and on you're way to something called a relationship. A real one.

2. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to call it anything, just enjoy smile

3. figment profile image78

We've decided to call it a mutual understanding smile

working