jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Photos in contests

1. Dianemae profile image84
    Dianemaeposted 6 years ago

I'm reading the judging criteria for the up-coming Money Grows contest...It says they wants photos, especially your own.  Now the subjects are: credit cards, taxes, bankrupt, budget planning, etc.  What kind of pictures should I be taking?  I don't mind writing, but pictures is new to me...help

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pictures simply illustrate the subject.  For finance-related subjects, you could use photos of money, banks, people looking worried, people talking to (someone who looks like) a bank manager, someone sitting at a computer.  You could also use more general photos (e.g. if you're talking about family finances you might start with a photo of a family).

If you're going to take your own photos, bear in mind privacy and ask yourself how comfortable you are about photos of your family being seen by thousands of strangers.  If you're going to use other photos, make sure you're using them legally.

Dianemaeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks...I just wish the photos weren't so important in judging and winning any thing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Diane, the whole idea of contests is to get you writing good Hubs.  If HubPages is telling you that you need photos to win a contest, then that's a message that your Hubs need photos to make money.

I had a quick look at some of your Hubs - you have good information, but most of them are too short (aim for at least 400 words and try for more), and you do need some photos.

People reading online lose interest quickly. If you want to keep people reading, you need to break up your text over several text capsules and sprinkle two or three photos around.

Here's a Hub that will help you:

http://hubpages.com/hub/capsules

2. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Yeah and don't take photos of your own credit/bank cards and leave the real info on them....just obscure that info with a photo editor!

Dianemaeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good ideas with identiy theft and all..

working