jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Getting Flagged

1. 0
    BrianDownsposted 5 years ago

My post has been flagged 3 times now for being overly promotional.  Ok I can understand...

However, when I browse the same subject, I see others that are just as promotional if not even more...

Why does mine get flagged?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Was your content unique to HubPages?   

If you're re-using content from elsewhere, you're not allowed any outgoing links.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Please flag any Hubs you see that you believe break our rules.  With the huge volume of Hubs published each day, things do not always come to our attention right away.

In your case, your Hubs have been moderated due to promotional links on duplicate content.  HubPages requires that all Hubs with outbound promotional links contain text that does not appear elsewhere on the web.  Please see http://hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional for clarification.

For future reference, you can always contact us for clarification on why a Hub has been moderated.

2. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

Which hub are you referring to Brian? Has it been taken down?

In any case by far the most commonly broken rule is that regarding outbound linking. Only two links are permitted to the same domain, obviously you can add more, but you'll need a certain degree of link diversity within your articles (this should help rankings too).

3. 0
    BrianDownsposted 5 years ago

Yeah it was taken down... The thing I don't understand is this.  I only had one link from the article. And that was to my personal blog.

There was no actutal link to the program that I was reviewing.

Oh well, the only thing I can surmise is this... Others are promoting the same system on here.  Perhaps they flagged my article to remove the competition?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Here are the FAQs, just in case you haven't had the opportunity to study them recently: