jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Please can you help me make this one better?

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Please can you help me make this hub the best it can be.

Whatever you teach me, I will apply to all my other hubs.

I appreciate your time because I know it's the most precious thing you have.

thank you

http://hubpages.com/hub/Transport-The-F … and-Planes

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hello again.

I've reviewed your hub.

(a) More text capsules. You can use a text capsule for each different car, train, bus and plane. You can use titles to work with your keywords and content.

*using more capsules also opens up more Google Adsense placements. Example: If you use one text capsule and you stuff with a lot of text, then this pushes Google Adsense ads down further into your hub. To stop that from happening, you enter less text in a capsule, then insert another capsule, which Google will then place ads under it. The first text capsule should not have a picture or anything else next to it, because that's Google's prime spot.

(b) Be careful on using keywords/tags, so as to remain relevant to your content- I only say that because HubPages will unpublish hubs that have deceptive tags- and my reasoning for saying that is because of two tags you are using - future of bikes and history of bicycles. I didn't see any relevant content. I could have overlooked it, since I didn't ready completely through.

Other than that, You have quite a bit content. I have no way of figuring out how many words you have, but you can use up 40 keywords/tags for articles longer than 1500 words.

(c) You can add, news feeds so your hub constantly has fresh content. You have another choice also- RSS feeds can be used.

(d) The format- it seems a bit cluttered. The average online reader is going to have a short attention span.

I hope that helped.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The article on buses is the last article. I only use tags if I’ve used the exact phrase three or four times in my text

There’s actually  more than one capsule for each bus, car, train, and bus.

Response. Thanks looking at it.

a)    The buses, trains, cars, planes, etc are already on different capsules. And for some of the articles are divided into two or three capsules. The reason it looks as if they’re not is because sometimes I haven’t put a title in. However the browser can read that, so it’s not an issue.
      With regards to Adsense putting a picture in the first capsule, it will put an ad below the picture depending on the size of the first picture. I have done this several times as it is more user friendly. The ad then goes directly under the picture.
      b)    Ooops,  I removed the bikes and trikes article to another hub because I was told I had too much content in the hub. I removed them, thanks. 
      c)    I’ve been playing around with the capsules, for some of the longer ones, using a different capsule for every paragraph. I’ve noticed that beyond a certain point, Adsense does not go below it. Doesn’t matter how much space I allow them.
      d)    The feed is a good idea. The spiders scan for fresh content. However, I’ve had some articles on the net now for about three or four years with out change and they still get good traffic.
      e)    At a rough guess, it’s about 2500 to 3000 words. Some of my hubs have got between 5000 and 8000 words. So, is 1500 words the maximum?
      f)    You might be right about the clutter. I’m still working with that. I’ve been trying to figure out how far the reader will scroll down to see the next article. And in order not to lose their attention, have put articles next to each other, newspaper style. Do you know how far down a reader will scroll?
      Thank you for your input.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The word count I gave you is only with regards to keywords/tags. I've been told by Maddie of HubPages Staff, that any article 1500+ words, can use up to 40 keywords/tags, if wanted. Under 1500 words, use up to 20 max. The average is about 9-15 tags. Don't know how far down a reader will scroll. But, putting titles into the capsules you have already used, might help separate. When you put a title in, it is BOLD type on the hub.

You're welcome btw. smile

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Oh, btw- you can make articles any size. I've a couple that are almost 9000 words. They are extremely long hubs. Hubs that long, usually don't maintain readers, but people tend to bookmark them to comeback to when they have more time. smile