jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. nclark140 profile image58
    nclark140posted 5 years ago

I just recently learned that the purpose of "keywords" is to increase traffic to your hub.
    In turn used Google Adwords tool to retroactively change some names of my text capsules and add key word tags. Do you think it will have an impact?

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

~Use keywords that are high traffic attracting and less competitive
    ~use long tail keywords tat will bring on more targeted traffic even if the amount of traffic is low
    ~build your hub on the keywords. Make sure you have used your main keyword in the title [once], url, summary, sub titles and allover the hub so that the hub become keyword rich not of course keyword spammy.

Read hubs on keywords by peter hogan, misha, sunforged, alison graham, shazwellyn, Sussan S, Mark Knowles, TerryGl, Wrylit........I have hub on it also.

1. nclark140 profile image58
      nclark140posted 5 years ago in reply to this

"long tail keywords tat".......what?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

long tail keyword are the keywords that are long and more specific. It attracts more targeted traffic. For example: "Keyword" is a broad keyword and "high traffic low competition keyword" is a long tail keyword.

You can find detail here http://hubpages.com/hub/SEO-Keyword-Res … ch-Engines and also Susan S has a great hub on on finding long tail keyword.

3. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

There are three reasons for keywords:

1.) To increase rankings in Google
    2.) To help Google figure out what ads to display on your page.
    and 3.) To help the readers find your article.

What Saleheen said is exactly right... and the people he mentioned are experts on how to use keywords.

I'll add one thing here: Don't forget to edit your hub's summery - this is what appears beside the URL in Google.  This is one place where you'll get a lot of use out of your keywords and it can really affect your number of views.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

You don't need to worry too much about adding your keyword all over your hubs. You do want your keyword in the URL, title, tags, at least one capsule title, once as close to the beginning of the hub as possible and maybe one or two more times in the hub.

A few of my top performers only have the keyword once in the body of the hub out of 800 to 1000 words, and they get very strong Google traffic that is very targeted for the keyword.