jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

New improved title not improved enough. Help please.

1. allpurposeguru profile image86
    allpurposeguruposted 5 years ago

Last year, when knew next to nothing about SEO, I published a hub called "Confessions of a third-generation maker of chocolate candy." http://hubpages.com/hub/Confessions-of- … late-candy It went nowhere. I am trying to spruce up my worst-performing hubs, and this one should do very well this time of year if anyone can find it. I added pictures I took last year (after I had already published the hub) as well as trying a new title.

This title looks much better: "Homemade chocolates: four generations of candy makers." [I'm the third generation, but my nieces and nephews have been in the act for several years.] I wanted to find something where the title, at least, would make the first page of Google results. Unfortunately, when I checked this morning, there are family-owned businesses three and four generations old.

Since I just revised the title last night, perhaps I just need to wait for it to advance to the first, or at least second page. If anyone knows that simple patience will work for this title, please tell me.

On the other hand, if anyone can see anything even better, I'd appreciate  hearing from you.

In any case, I invite everyone to go and at least drool over the pictures. Even boosting HubPages traffic will improve the Hub Score, which, if I'm not mistaken, attracts search engine attention.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

One thing I can say is that the search engine spiders will not crawl your hubs every day; maybe every 10 days or so. At least you would want to give it that much time.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

submitting your hub url in Google, Yahoo, Bing may work a bit quicker to get indexed, I don't bother though.

3. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I just sent you an email with a couple of keywords you might want to try out. Good luck!

1. allpurposeguru profile image86
      allpurposeguruposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I received your email, and the suggestions are good. I have meant to find that email, reply to it, and thank you for it, but it has gotten buried pretty far down my list.

Actually, the hub seems to be doing pretty well now even before I get to incorporating your suggestions. (Other hubs more desperately need help now.) But at least some of your suggestions will make it even better. So I hope you come back here to see that I'm not blowing you off!

4. Bianu profile image59
    Bianuposted 5 years ago

Give it a week and evaluate again. You may be surprised!!!