Under 3rd party access and hubpages.com it says under host's share of revenue, "0% of content revenue." What does that mean?
The revenue made on your share of the impressions is 100% yours.
HubPages doesn't take any of your revenue.
The ad views are split (60/40, your favour) not the revenue.
So HubPages takes 0% of your revenue.
Thanks for answering darkside.
Crazy confusing though. My share should be 100% if it's my share.
The impressions...if google pays on impressions I didn't know that. I thought google paid when the impression was clicked on.
Ad views...is that the same as impressions? I don't get how or why I would have anything to do with what is viewed.
Am I'm making this perfectly worse?
I have repeatedly said that you are not the host. You are the publisher, HubPages is the host. Since the host's share is 0%, yours is 100%.
Page impressions: 1 such generated each time the page is loaded, no matter the number of ads;
Ad units: Variable amount of Adsense units per hub. You get paid when one of these ads get clicked on (provided they appear on your share of the page impressions).
You do get 100%. What its saying to you in that page is HubPages gets 0%.
thisisoli has given an excellent explanation.
I was confused about this too - thanks for clearing it up darkside!
Basically I think what WE is trying to say is that - 60% of the time that ads are shown or 60% of the ads shown on your hubs they are ads in which you earn 100% of any revenue earned (100% of the clicks made at that time because it is using your google adsense code/id) the other 40% of the time or ads shown are ones that the revenue goes strictly to Hubpages (so what is shown 40% Of the time are ads using hubpages google adsense code and not yours).
Just for the record I am not personally aware of what the ad share is here on Hubpages as I've really just began to get into it. I believe however that is what WE was trying to get across. Does that make sense? I really am not trying to confuse you any more!
A qualified guess, nothing more:
Provided Adsense has been activated, you get 60% of the page impressions and any associated revenue; HubPages gets 40% of the page impressions and any associated revenue. Since you get 100% of the revenue from your page impressions - the only thing that you Adsense account records,- it follows that HubPages (host) gets 0%.
it says 0% but it doesn't say who is 0 and who is 100. So I read it as I'm the one that gets 0. But you said that revenue is 100% for page impressions. I'm not sure I understand that...but that's nothing new. Do you mean I would receive 100% of revenue because someone clicks on one of my links? That wold make sense because I made the url link. Right?
My understanding was that you are the publisher, HubPages the host running the ads.
About how sharing between yourself and HubPages works, I wrote this detailed explanation in a recent forum discussion:
Just to simplify things here.
You get 100% of your 60% of add impressions.
That 60% is because your ad code gets displayed on hubs 60% of the time (the other 40% is given Hubpages Code, that is there cut of the profits basically).
Hope you get to grips with it, trust me you will get your fair share
by Levictus Marcus Saarith41 hours ago
Hopefully someone from Hubpages HQ can look into this.I believe that those of us that are using a hosted account with Adsense are not getting any ad revenue on impressions from the niche sites.I base this on the fact...
by x3xsolxdierx3x6 years ago
Hello,My name is Howie.I have done a tremendous amount of research regarding various offerings and elements of functionality/business models of the leading Web 2.0 revenue sharing websites. I've watched growth trends...
by rancidTaste8 years ago
How does Google AdSense pay for page impression? I amn't clear about that and so I ask it? Would you please help about that?Thanks
by Melanie Shebel2 months ago
Currently, HubPages earns 40% of ad revenue from hubs, giving users 60% of ad revenue. As a writer, do you feel like you should receive a larger piece of the pie?Would this increase your article output?I feel like I'm...
by johnshade6 years ago
I just wanted to say this because alot of people think you need clicks to makes money, you do but its not the only way to earn with adsense.Some of the image ads are actually cpm campaigns which means you make money for...
by DdraigX7 years ago
So I've got a few hubs up and really just started here on hubpages. But the impressions that I get on hubpages, vs my google adsense doesn't quite make sense. I understand they take 60% of the impressions, but I was...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.