jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I did a search for Xbox Kinect and my Hub came up on front page?

1. Mandeeadair profile image82
    Mandeeadairposted 5 years ago

Hey all,
    I am very new to hubpages as you can see smile!  I did a search for XBOX Kinect and my hub came up on the front page.  However, it was under N4G gaming website.....when you click read full article it links to my actual hub?  Is this normal?  Should I be happy that they used my article on their page?  Of course it boosted the traffic big time.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It depends, it is your work, so the important thing here is to look at the benefits and the harm that this could cause you.

Having a 'summary' of your article on a website that has got to the first page of Google might actually help you with a huge boost of high quality traffic, especially if your article is way down at the bottom of the search engine rankings.

If the article has been copied in full, then there might be a downside. If your article is competing with the copied content on the first page then you might want to ask them to take it down, because it could be taking away potential traffic and revenue.

If they have posted a summary and you are competing, then you might be able to benefit from having a virtual 'double' first page ranking.

I know it's a lot to take in, but I hope that helps!

1. Mandeeadair profile image82
        Mandeeadairposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!  It is a first page summary that links directly to my hub.  I really have no problem with it.  I actually thought it was pretty cool.  Just curious about it smile!! Thanks again.

2. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 5 years ago

I think you lucked out, they start the article with Hubpages, giving you credit, then provide a link to their members.  It's all good.   This is a valuable link and there are quite a few comments on the article in N4G, this is good.  It means that a lot of them are reading the article.   Follow the link and you land on your article.

3. Mandeeadair profile image82
    Mandeeadairposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I agree I definitely lucked out.  Thanks so much for the clarification.  This is a ton to take in, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it smile!